On this day: June 4
The Montgolfier brothers debut their hot-air balloon, Henry Ford rolls out his first automobile, the first Pulitzer Prizes are handed out, Bruce Springsteen releases "Born in the U.S.A.," and the Tiananmen Square protests come to a violent end, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Cat cafe opens in Portland
- $500 fine for travel ban violators
- Delta bans carry-on breast pump, apologizes
- Back-to-back car crashes follow DUI arrest
- Mother sells newborn boy for $7,000
- Michigan girl, 4, calls 911, saves pregnant mother
- Tenant won't pay damages for peeing while standing
- Was King Tut's beard broken, glued back on?
- Man bulldozes home, doesn't tell anyone