On this day: June 21
The first Ferris Wheel opens in Chicago, Lou Gehrig retires, Johnny Cash releases his first single, the WNBA begins play, and a TV icon and a blues legend both die, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Johns Hopkins mistakenly welcomes wrong students
- Mystery man hands out $100 bills in Massachusetts
- Cremated remains donated to Goodwill
- DNA from beard leads cops to burglar
- Wis. governor's Hanukkah message: 'Molotov!'
- Corrections officer arrested for shoplifting
- Video of 'Calgary's worst driver' goes viral
- Pastor opens church in Buffalo Wild Wings
- Car crashes into garage -- through the roof