On this day: June 20
Lizzie Borden is acquitted of giving her mother "40 whacks," the U.S. Army Air Force is formed, the "red telephone" hotline is established, "Leave it to Beaver" airs its final episode, and "Jaws" has moviegoers reconsidering their beach vacations, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Idaho woman accused of chewing up cop car seat
- Rhode Island man gets 4 DUIs in 30 hours
- Starbucks testing out a new 'beer latte'
- Walmart Mexico investigated for in-store cockfight
- Man catches 17-foot anaconda with bare hands
- Man tries to rent girlfriend to buy an iPhone 6
- Burned armpit hair causes Idaho car crash
- Caught on tape: Man uses banana to rob store
- Daredevil dachshund 'loves' first skydive