On this day: June 20
Lizzie Borden is acquitted of giving her mother "40 whacks," the U.S. Army Air Force is formed, the "red telephone" hotline is established, "Leave it to Beaver" airs its final episode, and "Jaws" has moviegoers reconsidering their beach vacations, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Marijuana advocate ousted from church
- Fugitive found 'enjoying a bowl of salad' in closet
- Chili's cook fired over shirtless kitchen pics
- Scientist stumbles upon puppy-sized spider
- Man brings hatchet to school; 'seemed like a good idea'
- Teen arrested after giving waitress tip covered in feces
- Mom accused of giving baby to heroin user
- Tropical spider burrows into Aussie man's stomach
- Stinking mess: Truck carrying portable toilets crashes