On this day: June 20
Lizzie Borden is acquitted of giving her mother "40 whacks," the U.S. Army Air Force is formed, the "red telephone" hotline is established, "Leave it to Beaver" airs its final episode, and "Jaws" has moviegoers reconsidering their beach vacations, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Tenant won't pay damages for peeing while standing
- Was King Tut's beard broken, glued back on?
- Man bulldozes home, doesn't tell anyone
- Rare frilled shark caught off Australia coast
- Ramen tangles traffic after truck crash
- No jail time for woman who faked daughter's cancer
- Man attacked by owl on morning run
- Man cited for eating burger while driving
- Hundreds of birds covered in mystery 'goop'