On this day: June 19
The first officially recorded, organized baseball game is played, the Statue of Liberty's pieces arrive in New York Harbor, Father's Day is celebrated for the first time, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg are executed, and "Garfield" debuts, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- TSA: 94-year-old tried to bring gun on plane
- Stray dog follows racers through Amazon
- Man finds his lost dog for sale on Craigslist
- Drunk man frees horses from Ore. stable
- Tetley insures taste buds of its $1.6 million 'tea tester'
- This bus runs on human waste
- Town nixes naming park for Pooh due to gender
- Super sad bicyclist just wanted some Taco Bell
- Man stung more than 100 times by swarm of bees