On this day: June 19
The first officially recorded, organized baseball game is played, the Statue of Liberty's pieces arrive in New York Harbor, Father's Day is celebrated for the first time, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg are executed, and "Garfield" debuts, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Couple wants to change middle names to 'Seamonster'
- Man wins 2 $1 million jackpots in 3 months
- Furniture made to look (and smell) like human skin
- Man uses bedsheets to escape from jail
- Driver falls asleep, sparks fire in Oregon
- Cops: Times Square Spider-Man punches officer
- Man's 41 Homer Simpson tattoos set world record
- Police solve 'creepy' porcelain doll mystery
- Man claims his penis was mistakenly amputated