On this day: June 19
The first officially recorded, organized baseball game is played, the Statue of Liberty's pieces arrive in New York Harbor, Father's Day is celebrated for the first time, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg are executed, and "Garfield" debuts, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Funeral home offers drive-thru visitation
- Daredevil dachshund 'loves' first skydive
- 'Nude' women's cycling uniforms raise eyebrows
- Coyote found napping in Ariz. fireplace
- Pizza Hut outlet drops 'free small animal' deal
- Pomeranian disappears: Did he become dinner?
- Police: Man hid drugs in D.A.R.E. stuffed animal
- Teen petitions to get cat, lasers in yearbook photo
- Deputy suspended for using taekwondo kick on inmate