On this day: June 18
The War of 1812 begins, Napoleon is routed at Waterloo, Columbia Records introduces the LP, Sally Ride becomes the first American woman in space, and the music world says goodbye to the "The Big Man," all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Chili's cook fired over shirtless kitchen pics
- Man brings hatchet to school; 'seemed like a good idea'
- Teen arrested after giving waitress tip covered in feces
- Mom accused of giving baby to heroin user
- Tropical spider burrows into Aussie man's stomach
- Stinking mess: Truck carrying portable toilets crashes
- U.S. tourist gets trapped in London bookstore
- Woman buys year's supply of pumpkin spice lattes
- Haunted house worker gets a little too creepy