On this day: June 18
The War of 1812 begins, Napoleon is routed at Waterloo, Columbia Records introduces the LP, Sally Ride becomes the first American woman in space, and the music world says goodbye to the "The Big Man," all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Bank robbery suspect's happy mug shot going viral
- La. restaurant gives discount to gun-toting patrons
- Cops: Man shot at neighbor's home to unload gun
- Fleeing car crashes into water treatment plant
- 'Che,' Chavez perfumes a no-go in Cuba
- Would you wear the Suitsy?
- Woman hitches rides on planes to 46 states
- School bus driver crashes, goes into labor
- Police: Shirtless drunk man took bath in holy water