On this day: June 18
The War of 1812 begins, Napoleon is routed at Waterloo, Columbia Records introduces the LP, Sally Ride becomes the first American woman in space, and the music world says goodbye to the "The Big Man," all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Police: Man hid drugs in D.A.R.E. stuffed animal
- Teen petitions to get cat, lasers in yearbook photo
- Deputy suspended for using taekwondo kick on inmate
- Burger King unveils all-black burger in Japan
- 'Human' loses local election
- Golfer taken to hospital after hit by ball
- Police: Woman on meth pushed man off motorized scooter
- Police: Man broke into bar, took nap in kitchen
- Man commutes 220 miles a day for 'dream job'