Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: July 11
POSTED: 11:33 AM Jul 09 2012 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Jul 11 2014
A vice president duels for honor, the Marine Corps is re-established, a folk singer debuts, a space station plummets to Earth, and Martin Luther King earns a posthumous honor, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Bank robbery suspect's happy mug shot going viral
- La. restaurant gives discount to gun-toting patrons
- Cops: Man shot at neighbor's home to unload gun
- Fleeing car crashes into water treatment plant
- 'Che,' Chavez perfumes a no-go in Cuba
- Would you wear the Suitsy?
- Woman hitches rides on planes to 46 states
- School bus driver crashes, goes into labor
- Police: Shirtless drunk man took bath in holy water