On this day: January 8
George Washington delivers the first State of the Union, Elvis is born, 14-year-old Bobby Fischer wins his first U.S. Chess Championships, and a gunman shoots Gabrielle Giffords and 18 others in Arizona, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'
- PD: Man attacked for refusing burrito request
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk
- Twitter buys log cabins for cafeteria
- Cats as weapons? In 16th century Germany, yes
- Giant, ancient virus dug up in Siberia
- City to remove ban on being annoying
- Dog tries to run for mayor
- Can Facebook tell you where to live?