On this day: January 30
An assassin's misfires spare President Andrew Jackson, "The Lone Ranger" debuts on radio, Gandhi is assassinated, The Beatles hit the roof for one last gig, and the first computer virus is written, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Teacher arrested on DUI charge while driving to school
- Mom fends off intruder during 911 outage
- Family dog called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Flight attendant brings comedy to safety talk
- Couple drives stolen car to court, police say
- Town named 'Jew Killer' eyes name change
- Carpenter who cut off fingers makes 'Robohand' with printer
- Rare quintuplet goats born in Oregon
- Swedish man's 3-word obit: 'I am dead'