On this day: January 29
"The Raven" is first published, baseball and football induct their first hall of fame classes, the Gulf War fighting takes to the ground, and President George W. Bush coins the phrase "Axis of Evil," all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- 22-pound cat traps family in bedroom
- Thong-clad man steals superhero costume
- 'Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon' turns 20
- Peacock wanders into Va. woman's home
- Tow truck driver buried in uniform
- Day care suspends girl over cheese sandwich
- Man stopped for DUI was trying to 'drive it off'
- PD: Man attacked for refusing burrito request
- Gambler sues casino for losing big while drunk