On this day: January 23
The deadliest earthquake in recorded history hits China, Duke Ellington plays Carnegie Hall, North Korea captures a U.S. Navy ship, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducts its first class, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Cops: Woman swallows stolen ring to 'hide it'
- Russian bank offers cats with mortgages
- 99 cans of beer in a pack
- PD: Mom hung up on missing child call to strip
- Feral cat forces elementary school to close
- The people who create their own 'countries'
- Cops: Meth suspects threw toilet at imagined attackers
- Police: Woman tried to burn down ex's house with bacon
- Giraffe tries to ride motorcycle (and fails)