On this day: January 2
The Lindbergh baby kidnapping trial begins, the Jets give Namath a record contract, Nixon lowers the nation's maximum speed limit to 55, and oil tops $100 a barrel for the first time, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Kittens accidentally packed in box, shipped
- Police: Man licked cop’s eye during arrest
- Texting driver who hit cyclist: 'I just don't care'
- Selfie-taker gets kicked in head by train conductor
- 'Pals': Biden, Obama make selfie time
- An accidental car thief: Mom takes wrong car
- Teacher arrested on DUI charge while driving to school
- Family dog called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Mom fends off intruder during 911 outage