On this day: January 2
The Lindbergh baby kidnapping trial begins, the Jets give Namath a record contract, Nixon lowers the nation's maximum speed limit to 55, and oil tops $100 a barrel for the first time, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Tenant won't pay damages for peeing while standing
- Was King Tut's beard broken, glued back on?
- Man bulldozes home, doesn't tell anyone
- Rare frilled shark caught off Australia coast
- Ramen tangles traffic after truck crash
- No jail time for woman who faked daughter's cancer
- Man attacked by owl on morning run
- Man cited for eating burger while driving
- Hundreds of birds covered in mystery 'goop'