Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: January 17
POSTED: 3:10 PM Jan 16 2013 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Jan 17 2014
Hawaii's monarchy is overthrown, Popeye makes his comic strip debut, Muhammad Ali is born, Operation Desert Storm begins, and news of the Monica Lewinsky scandal breaks online, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Town named 'Jew Killer' eyes name change
- Mom fends off intruder during 911 outage
- Carpenter who cut off fingers makes 'Robohand' with printer
- Rare quintuplet goats born in Oregon
- Swedish man's 3-word obit: 'I am dead'
- Hong Kong in Lego form? Awesome
- 'Elder Scrolls' fans vs. 'Game of Thrones' fans?
- Glacier-like Wyoming landslide causes relaxed evacuations
- How to move a half-mile-long bridge