Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: January 17
POSTED: 3:10 PM Jan 16 2013 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Jan 17 2014
Hawaii's monarchy is overthrown, Popeye makes his comic strip debut, Muhammad Ali is born, Operation Desert Storm begins, and news of the Monica Lewinsky scandal breaks online, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Feral cat forces elementary school to close
- PD: Mom hung up on missing child call to strip
- The people who create their own 'countries'
- Cops: Meth suspects threw toilet at imagined attackers
- Police: Woman tried to burn down ex's house with bacon
- Giraffe tries to ride motorcycle (and fails)
- Family angry after airline 'loses' elderly mother
- Thousands of wasps found nesting on bed
- Brazilian man declared dead wakes up in body bag