On this day: January 17
Hawaii's monarchy is overthrown, Popeye makes his comic strip debut, Muhammad Ali is born, Operation Desert Storm begins, and news of the Monica Lewinsky scandal breaks online, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- TSA: 94-year-old tried to bring gun on plane
- Stray dog follows racers through Amazon
- Man finds his lost dog for sale on Craigslist
- Drunk man frees horses from Ore. stable
- Tetley insures taste buds of its $1.6 million 'tea tester'
- This bus runs on human waste
- Town nixes naming park for Pooh due to gender
- Super sad bicyclist just wanted some Taco Bell
- Man stung more than 100 times by swarm of bees