Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: January 17
POSTED: 3:10 PM Jan 16 2013 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Jan 17 2014
Hawaii's monarchy is overthrown, Popeye makes his comic strip debut, Muhammad Ali is born, Operation Desert Storm begins, and news of the Monica Lewinsky scandal breaks online, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Man brings hatchet to school; 'seemed like a good idea'
- Teen arrested after giving waitress tip covered in feces
- Tropical spider burrows into Aussie man's stomach
- Stinking mess: Truck carrying portable toilets crashes
- U.S. tourist gets trapped in London bookstore
- Woman buys year's supply of pumpkin spice lattes
- Haunted house worker gets a little too creepy
- Virginia teen to become Honorary Marine after passing
- Teens encounter drunk Santa zombie in home