Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: December 31
POSTED: 5:25 AM Dec 29 2012 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Dec 31 2013
Times Square holds its first New Year's Eve celebration, the board game Monopoly is patented, "Calvin and Hobbes" say goodbye, and the U.S. relinquishes control of the Panama Canal, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Man gets 2 DUIs in 1 night at McDonald's
- Collection of bizarre hotel guest requests
- 22-pound cat traps family in bedroom
- Boy, 7, calls 911 after mom says no to Oreos
- Nanuqsaurus was a tiny T. rex cousin
- Is this the work of aliens, or artists?
- Toddler found with heroin at day care
- Student accused of poisoning teacher's drink
- Hockey fans sue arena over beer prices