On this day: August 19
The Indianapolis Motor Speedway hosts its first auto race, The Beatles kick off their first American concert tour, Groucho Marx dies, Mike Tyson returns to the ring, and the last U.S. combat brigade leaves Iraq, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Marijuana advocate ousted from church
- Fugitive found 'enjoying a bowl of salad' in closet
- Chili's cook fired over shirtless kitchen pics
- Scientist stumbles upon puppy-sized spider
- Man brings hatchet to school; 'seemed like a good idea'
- Teen arrested after giving waitress tip covered in feces
- Mom accused of giving baby to heroin user
- Tropical spider burrows into Aussie man's stomach
- Stinking mess: Truck carrying portable toilets crashes