On this day: April 9
General Lee surrenders at Appomattox Court House, NASA picks its first seven astronauts, the Houston Astrodome opens, and Iraqis tear down Saddam Hussein's statue in a liberated Baghdad, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- NY boys rescued after spending hours buried in snow
- Stray dog follows racers through Amazon
- Man finds his lost dog for sale on Craigslist
- Drunk man frees horses from Ore. stable
- Tetley insures taste buds of its $1.6 million 'tea tester'
- This bus runs on human waste
- Town nixes naming park for Pooh due to gender
- Super sad bicyclist just wanted some Taco Bell
- Man stung more than 100 times by swarm of bees