On this day: April 25
The guillotine is first used, American and Soviet troops cut Nazi Germany in two, a U.S. Navy submarine completes the first submerged circumnavigation of the globe, and the Hubble Space Telescope is launched, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Teacher arrested on DUI charge while driving to school
- Mom fends off intruder during 911 outage
- Family dog called to jury duty in New Jersey
- Flight attendant brings comedy to safety talk
- Couple drives stolen car to court, police say
- Town named 'Jew Killer' eyes name change
- Carpenter who cut off fingers makes 'Robohand' with printer
- Rare quintuplet goats born in Oregon
- Swedish man's 3-word obit: 'I am dead'