On this day: April 22
Thousands rush to claim land in Oklahoma, the first nationwide Earth Day takes place, Richard Nixon dies, federal agents seize Elián González, and the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig sinks while spewing oil, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Chili's cook fired over shirtless kitchen pics
- Man brings hatchet to school; 'seemed like a good idea'
- Teen arrested after giving waitress tip covered in feces
- Mom accused of giving baby to heroin user
- Tropical spider burrows into Aussie man's stomach
- Stinking mess: Truck carrying portable toilets crashes
- U.S. tourist gets trapped in London bookstore
- Woman buys year's supply of pumpkin spice lattes
- Haunted house worker gets a little too creepy