On this day: April 22
Thousands rush to claim land in Oklahoma, the first nationwide Earth Day takes place, Richard Nixon dies, federal agents seize Elián González, and the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig sinks while spewing oil, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Police: Man hid drugs in D.A.R.E. stuffed animal
- Teen petitions to get cat, lasers in yearbook photo
- Deputy suspended for using taekwondo kick on inmate
- Burger King unveils all-black burger in Japan
- 'Human' loses local election
- Golfer taken to hospital after hit by ball
- Police: Woman on meth pushed man off motorized scooter
- Police: Man broke into bar, took nap in kitchen
- Man commutes 220 miles a day for 'dream job'