Popular now on WCYB.com
On this day: April 10
POSTED: 11:21 AM Apr 08 2013 UPDATED: 2:00 AM Apr 10 2014
The first Arbor Day is celebrated, the Titanic sets sail, "The Great Gatsby" is published, Paul McCartney quits The Beatles, and the U.S. and China engage in "ping-pong diplomacy," all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Man brings hatchet to school; 'seemed like a good idea'
- Teen arrested after giving waitress tip covered in feces
- Tropical spider burrows into Aussie man's stomach
- Stinking mess: Truck carrying portable toilets crashes
- U.S. tourist gets trapped in London bookstore
- Woman buys year's supply of pumpkin spice lattes
- Haunted house worker gets a little too creepy
- Virginia teen to become Honorary Marine after passing
- Teens encounter drunk Santa zombie in home