On this day: April 1
The ruins of Pompeii are discovered, Apple Computer starts up, Marvin Gaye is shot and killed by his father, and U.S. Army Pfc. Jessica Lynch is rescued from Iraq, all on this day.
Around The Watercooler
- Cat cafe opens in Portland
- $500 fine for travel ban violators
- Delta bans carry-on breast pump, apologizes
- Back-to-back car crashes follow DUI arrest
- Mother sells newborn boy for $7,000
- Michigan girl, 4, calls 911, saves pregnant mother
- Tenant won't pay damages for peeing while standing
- Was King Tut's beard broken, glued back on?
- Man bulldozes home, doesn't tell anyone