BRISTOL, Va. - A Bristol, Virginia man faces several charges after police responded to a shoplifting call at Walmart Thursday afternoon.
Washington County, Virginia Sheriff Fred Newman says deputies confronted Scottie Lee Blevins in the parking lot of the store. Once deputies asked for his ID, they say Blevins ran away on foot.
Deputies chased him for about a quarter of a mile until a K-9 found him in a drain culvert along Lee Highway.
Officers say Blevins was wanted in Bristol on a failure to appear charge. Now Blevins also faces several more charges. including possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting arrest.
He's being held without bond at the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail.
- Updated Kingsport City Schools unveils new DB Excel facility
- Updated Northeast State Student Veterans of America raising awareness about veteran suicides
- New Bluff City Rescue launches 'Buck for a Truck' campaign
- New Grant deadline approaches to expand Birthplace of Country Music Museum
- Women's Facebook warning goes viral