BRISTOL, Va. - A Bristol, Virginia man faces several charges after police responded to a shoplifting call at Walmart Thursday afternoon.
Washington County, Virginia Sheriff Fred Newman says deputies confronted Scottie Lee Blevins in the parking lot of the store. Once deputies asked for his ID, they say Blevins ran away on foot.
Deputies chased him for about a quarter of a mile until a K-9 found him in a drain culvert along Lee Highway.
Officers say Blevins was wanted in Bristol on a failure to appear charge. Now Blevins also faces several more charges. including possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting arrest.
He's being held without bond at the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail.
- Updated VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment
- Bristol Spruce-Up: Deadline approaching for Neighborhood Grant program