BRISTOL, Va. - A Bristol, Virginia man faces several charges after police responded to a shoplifting call at Walmart Thursday afternoon.
Washington County, Virginia Sheriff Fred Newman says deputies confronted Scottie Lee Blevins in the parking lot of the store. Once deputies asked for his ID, they say Blevins ran away on foot.
Deputies chased him for about a quarter of a mile until a K-9 found him in a drain culvert along Lee Highway.
Officers say Blevins was wanted in Bristol on a failure to appear charge. Now Blevins also faces several more charges. including possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting arrest.
He's being held without bond at the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail.
- Updated Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire