BRISTOL, Va. - A Bristol, Virginia man faces several charges after police responded to a shoplifting call at Walmart Thursday afternoon.
Washington County, Virginia Sheriff Fred Newman says deputies confronted Scottie Lee Blevins in the parking lot of the store. Once deputies asked for his ID, they say Blevins ran away on foot.
Deputies chased him for about a quarter of a mile until a K-9 found him in a drain culvert along Lee Highway.
Officers say Blevins was wanted in Bristol on a failure to appear charge. Now Blevins also faces several more charges. including possession of drug paraphernalia and resisting arrest.
He's being held without bond at the Southwest Virginia Regional Jail.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens disappointed after local legislators a no-show at meeting in Johnson City
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash