BRISTOL, Tenn. - The Bristol Ballet celebrated 65 years of a Christmas favorite, The Nutcracker, at the Paramount this weekend.
The Ballet put on five shows from Friday to Sunday.
We're told this year was the first time in a decade that they've done the full length production.
They brought in dancers from New York City and West Palm Beach, Fla.
"We have Erin Ginn, our sugar plum fairy," said Michele Pleschia, the artistic director. "She's a freelance professional dancer in New York City but she actually grew up in Kingsport so we're happy to have her return to the Tri-Cities. There are plenty of people who remember her and will come to see her."
The youngest dancer in the production is seven years old.
We're told the dancers started rehearsals over the summer.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets