NORTON, Va. - A Norton, Virginia man is dead after being struck by a train.
Here's what we've learned -- Norton Police Lt. Roger Cooke said Tuesday the accident happened Monday night around 10 p.m. on the train tracks near Route 74.
Cooke says a train was backing up when it struck Rocky Covey Stidham of Norton and killed him.
Police say there was no foul play involved and that alcohol may have been a factor.
The incident is still under investigation.
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Lightening strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport
- Elizabethton Police investigating toddler's death