A woman's body has been found lying in a North Carolina road, and authorities in two states are looking into the discovery.
The Asheville Citizen-Times reports Madison County Services Director Teresa Ogle said a 911 caller on Wednesday reported someone lying in a road in Hot Springs, about 36 miles north of Asheville.
So far, the woman's identity hasn't been released.
The State Bureau of Investigation and the Madison County Sheriff's Office are working together on the incident, and officials with the Cocke County Sheriff's Office in Tennessee confirm they have been in touch with Madison County authorities about the body being found.
- Tractor Trailer crash on I-81 shuts down all southbound lanes
- Sam's Gap closed off as of 11:15 p.m. Saturday
- Big Brothers Big Sisters mentors give Christmas presents to their mentees
- Crews out in force to keep roads safe Friday
- Scott County woman plays role of Santa Claus; distributes hundreds of presents to kids in need