A North Carolina high school football player is in a medically induced coma after suffering a head injury during a game.
The Herald-Sun of Durham reports officials say Orange High School 14-year-old football player Thys Oldenburg was hurt when he was tackled during a junior varsity game last Thursday.
Although the teen remained unconscious on Monday afternoon, his aunt reported on social media that his CT scan looked good and that there was no swelling or hemorrhaging. Caroline Oldenburg created a GoFundMe page Friday to help pay her nephew's medical bills.
The next night, Orange senior running back Marvante Beasley went down in the third quarter of his game and lay motionless. He was taken to the hospital and released on Saturday.
- School board facing time, money constraints to renovate Jonesborough school
- RECALL ALERT: Driving with defects
- Coal spill cleanup underway
- NEW DETAILS: Law enforcement official could be witness in Sullivan Co. shooting investigation
- 9-year-old who wanted cards for 'last Christmas' succumbs to cancer