BOONE, Nc. - The investigation into the carbon monoxide deaths of three people at a Boone motel is being presented to the Watauga District Attorney.
Back in April an elderly couple was found dead in a room at the Best Western Blue Ridge Plaza motel.
Then in June, an 11 year old boy was found dead in the same room.
Investigators say all three died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The deaths are blamed on a faulty heater that investigators say the motel did not get a permit to install.
Investigators also say a warning in the owners manual said carbon monoxide detectors were needed for the heater, however that was also ignored.
- Updated Fire in Abingdon sends man to hospital
- School board picks plan for new Boone's Creek school, discusses redistricting issue
- Is the election stressing you out? You're not alone.
- Avoca community rallies for girl's Diabetes service dog
- Court: Greeneville bank manager embezzled more than $1 million