BOONE, Nc. - The investigation into the carbon monoxide deaths of three people at a Boone motel is being presented to the Watauga District Attorney.
Back in April an elderly couple was found dead in a room at the Best Western Blue Ridge Plaza motel.
Then in June, an 11 year old boy was found dead in the same room.
Investigators say all three died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
The deaths are blamed on a faulty heater that investigators say the motel did not get a permit to install.
Investigators also say a warning in the owners manual said carbon monoxide detectors were needed for the heater, however that was also ignored.
- Sale of the old mill property still planning to go through after fire
- Greene County teen admits to murdering father
- Authorities continue investigation into old General Mills building fire
- Cyber security customer call center has grand opening in Wise
- Expelled state lawmaker escorted from UT football game