There are a couple events happening in the region on Saturday, September 28th.
The 19th Bluff City Heritage Festival kicks off.
James Meadows and the Country Mile will headline the music. You can also find a car and truck "cruise-in," a yard sale, and a craft show.
The event begins at eight o'clock and lasts until five. Free parking and shuttle service is offered at Ball Park.
A trail dedication ceremony also happens Saturday for the newly completed portion of the Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail.
The ceremony begins at 10:30 in the morning, on the grounds of the Museum of North Carolina Minerals, located at the junction of Highway 226 and the Blue Ridge Parkway at milepost 331. The event is free.
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31
- Tennessee's Education Commissioner visits local schools
- Medical treatment of accused Volunteer Parkway shooter burdensome