There are a couple events happening in the region on Saturday, September 28th.
The 19th Bluff City Heritage Festival kicks off.
James Meadows and the Country Mile will headline the music. You can also find a car and truck "cruise-in," a yard sale, and a craft show.
The event begins at eight o'clock and lasts until five. Free parking and shuttle service is offered at Ball Park.
A trail dedication ceremony also happens Saturday for the newly completed portion of the Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail.
The ceremony begins at 10:30 in the morning, on the grounds of the Museum of North Carolina Minerals, located at the junction of Highway 226 and the Blue Ridge Parkway at milepost 331. The event is free.
- New Previously missing Russell County woman found unharmed in Georgia
- Updated Authorities searching for missing Russell County woman
- Major decision expected Monday in relation to proposed Gray methadone clinic
- Updated One dead, one seriously injured in Smyth County hit-and-run
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims