There are a couple events happening in the region on Saturday, September 28th.
The 19th Bluff City Heritage Festival kicks off.
James Meadows and the Country Mile will headline the music. You can also find a car and truck "cruise-in," a yard sale, and a craft show.
The event begins at eight o'clock and lasts until five. Free parking and shuttle service is offered at Ball Park.
A trail dedication ceremony also happens Saturday for the newly completed portion of the Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail.
The ceremony begins at 10:30 in the morning, on the grounds of the Museum of North Carolina Minerals, located at the junction of Highway 226 and the Blue Ridge Parkway at milepost 331. The event is free.
- Updated BMS and Buffalo Wild Wings host Daytona 500 watch parties in the Tri-Cities
- Updated Police say man on drugs led officials on hour-long chase in Johnson City
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview