BOONE, N.C. - A company is being ordered to never again work as a plumbing, heating or fire sprinkler contractor following the death of three people at a North Carolina motel.
Last year, three people died of carbon monoxide poisoning at the Best Western Plus Blue Ridge Plaza in Boone, NC. Gas seethed into their room which was one floor above the pool water heater that was not properly ventilated.
A Superior Court judge issued an injunction against Appalachian Hospitality Management and three employees.
The injunction says the defendants denied they had acted as contractors, but agreed to go along with the consent order.
- Johnson City man found guilty of second degree murder
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting