RALEIGH, N.C. - Gov. Pat McCrory ordered all United States and North Carolina flags to be lowered to half-staff on all state facilities from sunrise to sunset on Wednesday, September 11th, in recognition of Patriot Day.
"The anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks is a stark reminder of the sacrifices made by North Carolina's veterans, military personnel, and first responders, to protect our freedom and way of life," said Governor Pat McCrory. "We are grateful for your willingness to serve at the time of our greatest need."
For flag information, please contact DOA Public Information Officer Chris Mears at email@example.com or 919-807-2340.
- Updated Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson