RALEIGH, N.C. - Gov. Pat McCrory ordered all United States and North Carolina flags to be lowered to half-staff on all state facilities from sunrise to sunset on Wednesday, September 11th, in recognition of Patriot Day.
"The anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks is a stark reminder of the sacrifices made by North Carolina's veterans, military personnel, and first responders, to protect our freedom and way of life," said Governor Pat McCrory. "We are grateful for your willingness to serve at the time of our greatest need."
For flag information, please contact DOA Public Information Officer Chris Mears at email@example.com or 919-807-2340.
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development
- Lexington at Johnson City nursing home to close doors Oct. 31