RALEIGH, N.C. - Gov. Pat McCrory ordered all United States and North Carolina flags to be lowered to half-staff on all state facilities from sunrise to sunset on Wednesday, September 11th, in recognition of Patriot Day.
"The anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks is a stark reminder of the sacrifices made by North Carolina's veterans, military personnel, and first responders, to protect our freedom and way of life," said Governor Pat McCrory. "We are grateful for your willingness to serve at the time of our greatest need."
For flag information, please contact DOA Public Information Officer Chris Mears at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919-807-2340.
- Sheriff confirms murder in Unicoi County, TN
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations
- Trump supporters and protesters rally in downtown Abingdon