RALEIGH, N.C. - Gov. Pat McCrory ordered all United States and North Carolina flags to be lowered to half-staff on all state facilities from sunrise to sunset on Wednesday, September 11th, in recognition of Patriot Day.
"The anniversary of the September 11th terrorist attacks is a stark reminder of the sacrifices made by North Carolina's veterans, military personnel, and first responders, to protect our freedom and way of life," said Governor Pat McCrory. "We are grateful for your willingness to serve at the time of our greatest need."
For flag information, please contact DOA Public Information Officer Chris Mears at email@example.com or 919-807-2340.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project