WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - On June 2, 2014, Narcotics Detectives from the Watauga County Sheriff's Office seized Methamphetamine precursors just feet from the property of 225 Linda Lane, Vilas, NC 28692. A further search of the property revealed additional precursors located on the property of 225 Linda Lane.
Information was provided to Detectives that methamphetamine was being manufactured on the property, which initiated the investigation. As a result of the investigation, Detectives seized multiple precursor items used in the manufacturing process, as well as evidence indicating that methamphetamine had been recently manufactured.
Pamela Council Osborne, 42, of 225 Linda Lane, Vilas, NC 28692, was charged with Conspiracy to Manufacture Marijuana, Manufacture Methamphetamine, Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession of Meth Precursors.
Michael Foster Laird, 41, of 225 Linda Lane, Vilas, NC 28692, was charged with Conspiracy to Manufacture Marijuana, Manufacture Methamphetamine, Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Meth Precursors, and Possession of Pseudoephedrine after a Meth Conviction.
Osborne and Laird were arrested and taken to the Watauga County Detention Facility in lieu of a $100,000 secured bond. They are scheduled to appear in District Court on July 25, 2014.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Crews will scale back the search effort for a missing man on South Holston Lake
- Democratic candidate for Virginia Governor discusses improving Southwest Virginia economy
- One person dead in Sunday morning car crash
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City