WATAUGA COUNTY, N.C. - On June 2, 2014, Narcotics Detectives from the Watauga County Sheriff's Office seized Methamphetamine precursors just feet from the property of 225 Linda Lane, Vilas, NC 28692. A further search of the property revealed additional precursors located on the property of 225 Linda Lane.
Information was provided to Detectives that methamphetamine was being manufactured on the property, which initiated the investigation. As a result of the investigation, Detectives seized multiple precursor items used in the manufacturing process, as well as evidence indicating that methamphetamine had been recently manufactured.
Pamela Council Osborne, 42, of 225 Linda Lane, Vilas, NC 28692, was charged with Conspiracy to Manufacture Marijuana, Manufacture Methamphetamine, Possession of Methamphetamine and Possession of Meth Precursors.
Michael Foster Laird, 41, of 225 Linda Lane, Vilas, NC 28692, was charged with Conspiracy to Manufacture Marijuana, Manufacture Methamphetamine, Possession of Methamphetamine, Possession of Meth Precursors, and Possession of Pseudoephedrine after a Meth Conviction.
Osborne and Laird were arrested and taken to the Watauga County Detention Facility in lieu of a $100,000 secured bond. They are scheduled to appear in District Court on July 25, 2014.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator