BOONE, N.C. - Boone police responded to a home on Creekside Lane for a reported breaking and entering in progress. The homeowner returned home to find an intruder inside.
The intruder fled out the back door of the home as the homeowner entered. The suspect jumped into his car and left the scene, striking the homeowner's vehicle.
Officers quickly located the vehicle and suspect at the end of Chase Hill Drive. Jonathan Glenn Pleasant, 25 years-of-age, of Boone, was taken into custody without incident.
Pleasant was charged with felony Breaking and Entering, felony Larceny After Breaking and Entering, and misdemeanor hit and run. He is being held in the Watauga County detention center under a $10,000 secured bond pending a November 21, 2013 court date.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson