ABINGDON, Va. - The Council of the Town of Abingdon, Virginia is pleased to announce that they are currently accepting nominations for the annual Arthur Campbell Community Service Award, the highest honor given by the Council. This award is given to recognize either those individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the Town of Abingdon and Southwest Virginia or to residents or business leaders or persons from Abingdon who have made a unique contribution on a local, regional, state, national or international level. The areas of service include but are not limited to include:
|Government/Public Service||Medicine||The Arts (Performing and Visual)|
Nomination applications can be found online at www.abingdon-va.gov or by contacting the Office of the Town Clerk at 276-628-3167. Applications are due on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 and should be returned to Cecile M. Rosenbaum, Town Clerk, P.O. Box 789, Abingdon, VA 24212. The Council will select the recipients at the regular June meeting and a banquet will be held in their honor in October, 2013.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane