ABINGDON, Va. - The Council of the Town of Abingdon, Virginia is pleased to announce that they are currently accepting nominations for the annual Arthur Campbell Community Service Award, the highest honor given by the Council. This award is given to recognize either those individuals who have made extraordinary contributions to the Town of Abingdon and Southwest Virginia or to residents or business leaders or persons from Abingdon who have made a unique contribution on a local, regional, state, national or international level. The areas of service include but are not limited to include:
|Government/Public Service||Medicine||The Arts (Performing and Visual)|
Nomination applications can be found online at www.abingdon-va.gov or by contacting the Office of the Town Clerk at 276-628-3167. Applications are due on Wednesday, May 8, 2013 and should be returned to Cecile M. Rosenbaum, Town Clerk, P.O. Box 789, Abingdon, VA 24212. The Council will select the recipients at the regular June meeting and a banquet will be held in their honor in October, 2013.
- Updated Man accused of killing father in Buchanan County appears in court
- Highway 421 closed Tuesday between Mountain City and Shady Valley
- Virginia state trooper charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Parents of 11-year-old convicted murderer sued in Jefferson County
- Buchanan County drug roundup leads to over 20 arrests