No smoke detectors found in Christmas Day fire
The fire marshal is releasing new facts about a fire in Johnson City that sent a woman to the hospital -- an important piece of safety equipment wasn't working.
The fire broke out at a home on Rambling Road Wednesday morning. Fire crews had to rescue a woman who was trapped inside. She is recovering at Vanderbilt Hospital in Nashville.
Fire investigators tell News 5 they believe the fire started in a bedroom and spread down the main hallway.
We've now learned that there were no working smoke detectors in the home according to assistant fire marshal Jonathan Fulmer. "[We were] not able to find any [smoke detectors]. The units that arrived on scene asked if they had any, and they said the residents said they did not have any," he said.
Fire investigators hope to learn more after they talk to the victim. Information on her name and condition has not yet been released.
Copyright © 2014 by WCYB. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.