BRISTOL, Va. - A laundry list of high-profile athletes and celebrities are playing golf in Southwest Virginia Monday to raise money for sick children.
The Niswonger Golf Classic is underway right now at The Virginian golf course. Once again this year, Scott Niswonger has another A+ list of celebrities coming to town to help raise money for the Johnson City children's hospital that bears his name.
Among the list of celebrity golfers, Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (pictured above), Dallas Cowboys tight end and Elizabethton native Jason Witten, and NFL Hall of Famer Dan Marino are all back to play this year.
News 5 WCYBs Casey Goetz will give us the full list of celebrities and all the action later this evening.
In addition to today's golf tournament, The Band Perry performed a special benefit concert Sunday night at the Niswonger Performing Arts Center in Greeneville.
- Rabies vaccinations offered in Southwest Virginia
- Sports injury seminar aimed to teach coaches how to keep athletes healthy
- Children given free winter coats at the 17th annual Coats For Kids
- Unusual investigation leads to arrest of Bristol, Va. man
- Local agencies participating in National Drug Take-Back Day