BRISTOL, Va. - A laundry list of high-profile athletes and celebrities are playing golf in Southwest Virginia Monday to raise money for sick children.
The Niswonger Golf Classic is underway right now at The Virginian golf course. Once again this year, Scott Niswonger has another A+ list of celebrities coming to town to help raise money for the Johnson City children's hospital that bears his name.
Among the list of celebrity golfers, Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning (pictured above), Dallas Cowboys tight end and Elizabethton native Jason Witten, and NFL Hall of Famer Dan Marino are all back to play this year.
News 5 WCYBs Casey Goetz will give us the full list of celebrities and all the action later this evening.
In addition to today's golf tournament, The Band Perry performed a special benefit concert Sunday night at the Niswonger Performing Arts Center in Greeneville.
- Updated UPDATE: Bristol assisted living worker pleads guilty to assaulting 94-year-old woman
- Bond set at $7M for suspect in Ohio house fire that killed 7
- Trump vows to crack down on leaks, slams NATO
- Insurers continue to hike prices, abandon ACA markets
- Woman claiming Sandy Hook was a hoax pleading guilty to threats