The candidates for The Ninth District will debate Thursday night as they compete to become Virginia's next congressman.
Democrat Anthony Flaccavento will take on the incumbent and republican Representative Morgan Griffith. It's Thursday night at 7:30 at The Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center in Abingdon.
The debate is free and open to the public. It's sponsored by The League of Women Voters of Washington County, Virginia.
Of course, we will have coverage of that debate Thursday night on News Five at 11:00 p.m.
Candidates for U.S. Senate, George Allen and Tim Kaine will also debate in Blacksburg Thursday night.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin