The candidates for The Ninth District will debate Thursday night as they compete to become Virginia's next congressman.
Democrat Anthony Flaccavento will take on the incumbent and republican Representative Morgan Griffith. It's Thursday night at 7:30 at The Southwest Virginia Higher Education Center in Abingdon.
The debate is free and open to the public. It's sponsored by The League of Women Voters of Washington County, Virginia.
Of course, we will have coverage of that debate Thursday night on News Five at 11:00 p.m.
Candidates for U.S. Senate, George Allen and Tim Kaine will also debate in Blacksburg Thursday night.
- Kidnapping suspect still on the run, after statewide AMBER Alert is canceled
- Lightning strikes BVU sub station in North Bristol, 3,700 customers without power
- Johnson City woman forces her way into occupied motel room
- Thousands of flags placed on veterans' graves for Memorial day
- Foreign suspect sends bomb threat by fax to Meadowview Center in Kingsport