BRISTOL, Tenn. - National Public Radio's Mountain Stage comes back to Bristol this March.
Mountain Stage with Larry Groce will tape the show live from the Paramount on March 10 at 7 p.m.
Organizers announced the country music-themed lineup Wednesday morning. Texas swing band Asleep At The Wheel, bluegrass favorites Larry Keel and Natural Bridge, Irish group Lunasa and New York-based string band The Down Hill Strugglers will all take the stage.
Executive producer Adam Harris says the show is excited to come back, showcasing Bristol as the birthplace of country music during a very special year. "This is our 30th season, so it's a historic occasion for us and our sort of theme for this season has been 'join the party', because we're celebrating all year long. It's our 30th anniversary and we're happy to bring that party back to Bristol," he said.
Tickets are already on sale for $35 at the Paramount. Organizers expect the show to sell out.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect