WCYB-TV Bristol, TN-VA, seeks a main news anchor with strong communication and teamwork skills to join our #1 news operation.
Qualified applicants should have at least 5 years of main anchor experience. You must have great on-camera skills, and you must also be an excellent reporter and writer with keen storytelling skills and the ability to enterprise stories.
We are looking for a leader who can mentor younger reporters and someone who is passionate about quality television news. We want someone who will be a face in our community, a person who is a team player and works well with others, a person who has the ability to work quickly, efficiently and meet deadlines.
The successful candidate for this position must adhere to and promote a "web first" approach in the newsroom, no exceptions. The candidate must be able to excel in the field and at the anchor desk.
If interested, send a cover letter, resume, and link to or DVD of your reel to email@example.com, Subject: News Anchor Search -- no phone calls please.
WCYB-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Updated Police investigation into Newport News suspect ends in Smyth County
- Greene County teen admits to murder
- Updated Public sessions begin Monday regarding MSHA/Wellmont merger
- Updated Hot summer weather ruins crops in the region, benefits others
- Police identify person of interest in old General Mills building fire