In Bristol, Va, Lee Street Baptist Church will host a celebration at 4pm tomorrow.
On Monday, January 19th, the 15th annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. parade is from noon until 1pm ending at Shelby Street in Kingsport.
Holston Habitat for Humanity celebrates Dr. King with community service on Monday, January 19th. To learn how you can help, call 423-335-5573 or visit the website.
Wednesday, January 14, 2015
To find out more about author Anita Wheeler and her book Millionaire Mindset visit her Facebook page.
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
For Pete's Sake Animal Rescue is helping animals in need. To learn more about this organization or to adopt one of the many animals call 276-494-6718. You can also visit "For Pete's Sake Animal Rescue" on the web.
Thursday, January 8, 2015
The Barter Theatre's opening production is Road to Appomattox. It’s 150 years ago and General Robert E. Lee is fleeing Richmond, hoping to rearm the Army of Northern Virginia and mount a campaign to retake Richmond. It’s also 2015 and Steve “Beau” Weeks decides to retrace the steps of Lee’s army in hopes of finding his roots through his family’s history. But will this confrontation with history bring renewal or will it end his marriage to Jenny? Click here to purchase tickets.
The Tri-Cities Bridal Show is Sunday, January 11th from 1-until-5pm. It is at the Millennium Center in Johnson City, TN. For more information, visit the Tri-Cities Bridal Show.
Monday, January 5, 2015
"The Farm Show USA" is January 17th from 9am-6pm & January 18th from Noon-5pm at the Meadowview Convention Center in Kingsport, TN. Call 423-676-9953 for more information.
Tuesday, December 30, 2014
If you would like to adopt our pet of the week, or want more information about Holly Help Spay and Neuter you can visit their website or call 423-534-5656.
Monday, December 29, 2014
Lamplight Theater is hosting a sophisticated evening for couples and single adults to celebrate the New Year. Two options are available this year including an exquisite, catered dinner, deserts, coffees and teas in addition to party favors and a show for $30.00 per person. The show only with party favors is $12.00 per person.
Visit the theater website for more information.
Tuesday, December 23, 2014
1. Pet of the Week: If you would like more information about our pet of the week, Gypsy, call Siberian Husky Assist at 276-791-7122
2. Knee Replacement: To find out more information about the new form of total knee replacement call Mountain States Medical Group at (276) 783-9752.
Friday, December 19, 2014
- Define “Processed”
- What does it mean for a food to be “processed”? We often associate it with convenience food or ready-to-eat food. But is that accurate? And does it inherently mean “unhealthy?”
- “Food processing” literally means to transform raw ingredients into another form. At the end of the day, all foods fall on a spectrum of processing, from completely unprocessed to minimally-processed to highly processed.
- Some forms of processing strip nutrients from foods and add undesirable chemicals. But processing can also do many desirable things, such as killing pathogens (pasteurization) or adding or creating beneficial compounds (probiotics).