Mount Carmel, TN - There is more information on the death of a newborn in Mount Carmel.
We've learned from the Associated Press's mobile site that the body of that newborn was found in the garbage at a home in the Hammond Estates Subdivision.
District Attorney General Berkely Bell said the remains were those of a full term birth child and have been sent for an autopsy.
Mount Carmel police got the call about the baby around 4:00 Monday evening. They say a man told police his wife had asked him to throw a box in the garbage.
- Police: Woman dead following shooting in Sullivan County
- Warrant issued, suspect at large in Washington County, Va. shooting
- Bristol, Tenn. man receives 20 years on federal child porn charge
- Police: Roan Mountain fire fighter charged with arson
- Chelsea Clinton at Appalachian State Thursday for early voting event