Mount Carmel, TN - There is more information on the death of a newborn in Mount Carmel.
We've learned from the Associated Press's mobile site that the body of that newborn was found in the garbage at a home in the Hammond Estates Subdivision.
District Attorney General Berkely Bell said the remains were those of a full term birth child and have been sent for an autopsy.
Mount Carmel police got the call about the baby around 4:00 Monday evening. They say a man told police his wife had asked him to throw a box in the garbage.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next