BRISTOL, Tenn. - We learned one of the most popular New Year's resolutions is losing weight.
We spoke with the YMCA in Bristol, Tennessee who said their membership jumps up 10 percent this time every year and old members return.
CEO of the Bristol YMCA Chris Ayers told News 5 they have a lot of equipment just for this time of the year.
"Everyone wants to start the New Years off right by exercising and starting some type of regiment. Exercise is a life style and it takes at least 12 weeks to develop a new life style," said Ayers.
Ayers said most people do not complete their resolutions because they start with goals that are set too high.
He tells us everyone should start slowly, work out with a friend and even develop an exercise routine.
- UPDATE: escaped UPS Lee inmates captured in Mexico
- Firefighters feeling 'hopeful' after making presentation to Bristol, Va. city council
- School Budget Cut: Many voice concerns about tentative budget at Board of Supervisors meeting
- Solidarity in Remembrance: Smyth Co. town comes together to honor veterans
- Former addict overcomes addiction, becomes drug court coordinator