Many people have ideas on where they want to retire. A study by Bankrate.com says our area is among the best places for retirees.
According to their analysis, Tennessee tops the list of the best places to retire. Researchers focused on areas including crime rates, cost of living, access to medical care, taxes and climate.
The Volunteer state is followed by Louisiana, South Dakota, Kentucky, Mississippi, Virginia, West Virginia, Alabama, Nebraska and North Dakota.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction