Many people have ideas on where they want to retire. A study by Bankrate.com says our area is among the best places for retirees.
According to their analysis, Tennessee tops the list of the best places to retire. Researchers focused on areas including crime rates, cost of living, access to medical care, taxes and climate.
The Volunteer state is followed by Louisiana, South Dakota, Kentucky, Mississippi, Virginia, West Virginia, Alabama, Nebraska and North Dakota.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial