Many people have ideas on where they want to retire. A study by Bankrate.com says our area is among the best places for retirees.
According to their analysis, Tennessee tops the list of the best places to retire. Researchers focused on areas including crime rates, cost of living, access to medical care, taxes and climate.
The Volunteer state is followed by Louisiana, South Dakota, Kentucky, Mississippi, Virginia, West Virginia, Alabama, Nebraska and North Dakota.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane