BRISTOl, Va. - A home improvement warehouse is headed to new development in Bristol.
Information passed out at a public hearing for the Virginia Department of Transportation announced a new tenant for The Falls earlier this week without anyone in authority making a formal announcement.
The "Master Site Plan" was displayed at Tuesday's meeting. The plan clearly identifies Lowe's Home Improvement as the neighbor to Cabela's.
Both stores will border Interstate 81.
City officials were quick to point out to News 5 that the plan was courtesy of site developer Interstate Partners, LLC.
Bristol, Va. Mayor Guy Odum says he can't comment officially on whether or not Lowe's will move down Lee Highway to The Falls from its current location because there is not a signed contract between the city and the home improvement chain.
- Updated Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Updated Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial
- Rock royalty in attendance as Chris Cornell is laid to rest in Hollywood
- Johnson City BOE discusses Washington County tax money plan
- Congress moves to expedite veteran disability benefit appeals