BRISTOl, Va. - A home improvement warehouse is headed to new development in Bristol.
Information passed out at a public hearing for the Virginia Department of Transportation announced a new tenant for The Falls earlier this week without anyone in authority making a formal announcement.
The "Master Site Plan" was displayed at Tuesday's meeting. The plan clearly identifies Lowe's Home Improvement as the neighbor to Cabela's.
Both stores will border Interstate 81.
City officials were quick to point out to News 5 that the plan was courtesy of site developer Interstate Partners, LLC.
Bristol, Va. Mayor Guy Odum says he can't comment officially on whether or not Lowe's will move down Lee Highway to The Falls from its current location because there is not a signed contract between the city and the home improvement chain.
- UPDATE: 29-year-old miner suffers several broken bones in Buchanan County
- Dozens of vendors showcase businesses at Home and Garden Show in Johnson City
- Volunteer regional crews assisting in search for Matt Ragan on South Holston Lake
- ‘Polar Plunge for Christ' raises money to prevent teen suicide
- MSHA, Wellmont address merger application delays, what's next