BRISTOL, Va. - The City of Bristol, Virginia has a new Chief of Police.
The City Council appointed John Austin to the post, following a recommendation from the City Manager.
We've learned, Austin has worked for the department since 1989 and has been interim chief since the beginning of the year, when former Chief Bill Price retired.
- Updated Dolly Parton films final scenes at Dollywood for her new Christmas movie
- New Bristol, Va. police officer, involved in domestic dispute, under investigation
- New Officials ask public for help in search for escaped Washington Co., Tenn. inmate
- U.S. Marshals offering a reward for tips in the capture of Timothy England
- Former Kingsport armory coming down for commercial development