BRISTOL, Va. - The City of Bristol, Virginia has a new Chief of Police.
The City Council appointed John Austin to the post, following a recommendation from the City Manager.
We've learned, Austin has worked for the department since 1989 and has been interim chief since the beginning of the year, when former Chief Bill Price retired.
- Tenn. Senate replaces proposed 'alien' label IDs with 'visa'
- Part of Bristol, Tennessee without water after water main break
- School officials, parents discuss future of Weaver Elementary
- Unicoi County woman charged with first degree murder in Monday stabbing incident
- Bristol, TN taking steps to use drones in fire and police operations