BRISTOL, Tenn. - State Street in downtown Bristol is looking a little brighter just in time for the Rhythm & Roots Reunion weekend.
A new marquee is being installed at 620 State Street.
Allen Hurley, the president and owner of the Foundation Event Facility, said there hasn't been a marquee of this magnitude installed downtown in about 80 years.
He hopes it will advertise the new facility, showcase live music, draw more people downtown and help build credibility for Bristol's economy. "This is one more piece of the puzzle. So people driving downtown say, ‘wow this place is really growing and things are doing great,'" Hurley said.
The marquee cost more than $50,000. It is 21 feet wide, 8 feet tall, has 164 light bulbs and more than 1,000 LED background lights.
- New Life Care agrees to pay $145 million for role in false claims to Medicare, TRICARE
- Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge