BRISTOL, Tenn. - State Street in downtown Bristol is looking a little brighter just in time for the Rhythm & Roots Reunion weekend.
A new marquee is being installed at 620 State Street.
Allen Hurley, the president and owner of the Foundation Event Facility, said there hasn't been a marquee of this magnitude installed downtown in about 80 years.
He hopes it will advertise the new facility, showcase live music, draw more people downtown and help build credibility for Bristol's economy. "This is one more piece of the puzzle. So people driving downtown say, ‘wow this place is really growing and things are doing great,'" Hurley said.
The marquee cost more than $50,000. It is 21 feet wide, 8 feet tall, has 164 light bulbs and more than 1,000 LED background lights.
- Updated U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary offers vessel safety inspections
- New After Saudi arms deal, defense shares fly
- New Bill Condon will direct 2019 'Bride of Frankenstein' remake
- Colorado highway named for Blue Angel pilot killed in crash
- Virginia inmate given furlough one day before she died of cancer