BRISTOL, Va. - A new judge was appointed to the bench Monday in Bristol, Virginia.
Kurt Pomrenke took his oath in front of a packed courtroom to serve the 28th Judicial District, made up of Smyth County, Washington County, and Bristol, Virginia.
He has been a lawyer in Bristol for 31 years.
Pomrenke will serve as judge for the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court.
- Hawkins Co. commission halfway to $40 wheel tax increase
- VA Coal and Energy Alliance Conference: Industry leaders optimistic about coal rebound
- McAuliffe announces millions for 'green' overhaul in Russell Co. Schools
- UPDATE: Former regional jail guards indicted for contraband, bribes
- Letter: Flynn cites 'public frenzy,' invokes 5th Amendment