BRISTOL, Va. - A new judge was appointed to the bench Monday in Bristol, Virginia.
Kurt Pomrenke took his oath in front of a packed courtroom to serve the 28th Judicial District, made up of Smyth County, Washington County, and Bristol, Virginia.
He has been a lawyer in Bristol for 31 years.
Pomrenke will serve as judge for the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court.
- New Trial in Carter County begins for man accused of trying to kill deputy while in jail
- Third suspect in Nashville tourist's death arrested
- Virginia city may consider "In God We Trust" motto for its city hall
- Body discovered near Guest River Gorge
- Red carpet rolled out in Bristol for the movie premiere of 'Believe'