Greene County, TN - There are more details today surrounding Tennessee State Representative David Hawk's arrest over the weekend.
Our reporters obtained the officer's report that answered the call to a home in Greeneville.
The report says the call came in from David Hawk's wife, Crystal Hawk. She said they had been drinking early that morning. and that Hawk looked through her cell phone and became mad. She said they began arguing and around 8:00 Sunday morning, he hit her in the face with his hand and knocked her to the ground. She told authorities she was holding their 11-month-old daughter at the time.
According to Officer Michael McDonald's report, Hawk left the house with the child and went to a neighbor's house. Crystal Hawk told the officer she went to a friend's house and called authorities.
Our crews spoke to David Hawk as he came out of the courtroom this morning. He told our crews this: "Yesterday, my wife had a gun and told me she was going to put a bullet in my head while I was holding my baby. At that time, I escaped to safety with my daughter".
Hawk was released on a $500 bond. He's scheduled to be back in court on May 21st. The judge ordered that Hawk have no contact with his wife and supervised contact with his 11-month-old daughter.
- Police: Car plows into parade crowd in New Orleans; 12 hurt
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane