Bristol, Va. - We are gathering more facts tonight after a fatal crash on State Street in downtown Bristol.
Investigators now believe they know the cause of death of the driver of the car.
Authorities tell us 43-year-old William Marcella was speeding down State Street at nearly 75-miles-per-hour.
Officers say Marcella died from blunt force trauma.
The medical examiner also released a toxicology report.
According to the report, Marcella's blood alcohol content was point-3-1.
That is almost four times the legal limit in Virginia.
- ETSU student arraigned, has November court date
- Endangered Child Alert issued for 13-year-old girl
- Updated Police: Pipe bomb found near Tweetsie Trial in Elizabethon
- Updated Local food bank receives $50,000 grant to help distribute produce
- Updated Jonesborough Police Chief placed on administrative leave