Bristol, Va. - We are gathering more facts tonight after a fatal crash on State Street in downtown Bristol.
Investigators now believe they know the cause of death of the driver of the car.
Authorities tell us 43-year-old William Marcella was speeding down State Street at nearly 75-miles-per-hour.
Officers say Marcella died from blunt force trauma.
The medical examiner also released a toxicology report.
According to the report, Marcella's blood alcohol content was point-3-1.
That is almost four times the legal limit in Virginia.
- New 'Aerial Adventure' ropes course opens at ETSU
- Confederate nurse honored more than 150 years after Civil War
- Gov. Haslam hosts Appalachian Regional Commission conference
- Multiple agencies search for escaped inmate out of Washington County, Tenn.
- Local recycling practices both benefit and cost their cities