Bristol, Va. - We are gathering more facts tonight after a fatal crash on State Street in downtown Bristol.
Investigators now believe they know the cause of death of the driver of the car.
Authorities tell us 43-year-old William Marcella was speeding down State Street at nearly 75-miles-per-hour.
Officers say Marcella died from blunt force trauma.
The medical examiner also released a toxicology report.
According to the report, Marcella's blood alcohol content was point-3-1.
That is almost four times the legal limit in Virginia.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death