BRISTOL, Va. - Alpha Natural Resources is cashing out of a joint venture and seeing an excellent return on the investment.
The coal company is exchanging its 50% interest in Alpha Shale Resources for $300-million. $200 million will be in the form common stock of Rice Energy at the company's initial public offering. Alpha is getting the other $100-million in cash.
This comes from a joint venture Alpha and Rice Energy entered into in 2010 to develop a portion of Alpha's Marcellus natural gas holdings in Greene County, Pennsylvania.
- VA Gubernatorial Candidate campaigning in Southwest Virginia
- Mall at Johnson City full of race cars for season preview
- Final contract signed to transfer Sullivan North to Kingsport City Schools
- Gov. amends SWVa. lawmaker's bill to raise fine for driving slowly in left lane
- Neighbors propose traffic mural for Johnson City Tree Streets