BRISTOL, Tenn. - At a ribbon cutting Tuesday morning, Bristol Regional Medical Center opened the Leonard Family Comprehensive Breast Center.
We're told the center consolidates the elements of breast care into one location.
The new center is named after Jackie and Frank Leonard, who donated one million dollars to the project.
Wellmont officials say this new facility will offer services such as digital mammography, ultrasound, biopsy and bone density screening. "This is actually going to put everybody together in one area to provide the absolute best standard of care that we can provide in a community such as this," says Medical Director Dr. Sue Prill.
The Leonard Family Comprehensive Breast Center is on the first floor of Bristol Regional Medical Center between the main and west entrances.
- Bristol, Va. firefighters post billboards ahead of public hearing
- Two boys charged with reckless burning in Kingsport IGA fire
- Instantly healing technology tested on human in Kingsport
- Union High School Marching Bears performing in National Memorial Day Parade
- Red Onion inmate, D.C. sniper teen could get new trial