ABINGDON, Va. - The dream of becoming a U.S. citizen turned into realty today for 14 people in Southwest Virginia.
At a naturalization ceremony in Abingdon, each person took the oath of citizenship.
The 14 people were from all around the world. They came from places like Canada, Egypt, and Haiti.
Each person received a certificate of citizenship and an American flag.
- ETSU student charged following gorilla mask incident at Black Lives Matter protest
- Carter County deputy, former 'Southern Justice' star, charged with murder
- ETSU administration quickly organizes meeting to start conversations about race
- Recovery action walk raises awareness in Wise County
- Police searching for kidnapping suspect