ABINGDON, Va. - The dream of becoming a U.S. citizen turned into realty today for 14 people in Southwest Virginia.
At a naturalization ceremony in Abingdon, each person took the oath of citizenship.
The 14 people were from all around the world. They came from places like Canada, Egypt, and Haiti.
Each person received a certificate of citizenship and an American flag.
- New Thousands of school buses in Virginia need safety device
- New Virginia DMV: Bristol one of 21 localities with zero traffic fatalities in '16
- New UPDATE: 8-year-old girl among victims in Manchester terror attack
- Jury selection enters second day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 6,300-plus stoves recalled following electrocution death