ABINGDON, Va. - The dream of becoming a U.S. citizen turned into realty today for 14 people in Southwest Virginia.
At a naturalization ceremony in Abingdon, each person took the oath of citizenship.
The 14 people were from all around the world. They came from places like Canada, Egypt, and Haiti.
Each person received a certificate of citizenship and an American flag.
- Five people running for three seats on Johnson City Commission
- Weighing options for ambulance services in Hawkins County
- Animal shelter needs help with overcrowding, charging less for adoption
- Local firefighters had rare opportunity to train in a real life setting
- Tri Cities Regional Airport celebrates completion of construction