ABINGDON, Va. - The dream of becoming a U.S. citizen turned into realty today for 14 people in Southwest Virginia.
At a naturalization ceremony in Abingdon, each person took the oath of citizenship.
The 14 people were from all around the world. They came from places like Canada, Egypt, and Haiti.
Each person received a certificate of citizenship and an American flag.
- Tri-Cities native auctioning off Battle at Bristol tickets to help Louisiana flood victims
- Kids learn from visit to Appalachian Fair
- Johnson County school kids process accident, victim worsens
- One person flown to hospital after bicycle and truck crash in Jonesborough
- Job fair scheduled for Wednesday in Erwin