ABINGDON, Va. - The dream of becoming a U.S. citizen turned into realty today for 14 people in Southwest Virginia.
At a naturalization ceremony in Abingdon, each person took the oath of citizenship.
The 14 people were from all around the world. They came from places like Canada, Egypt, and Haiti.
Each person received a certificate of citizenship and an American flag.
- Updated Local church group donating ‘Sensory Quilts' to nursing homes in Carter County
- Whitaker sentenced to 15 years in Jonesborough child abuse case
- People living in the Lynn Garden community feel unsafe after deadly shooting
- UPDATE: Carter Co. inmate back in custody
- McAuliffe awards $300,000 grant to Virginia Drone Project