Police say an 8-year-old New Jersey boy whose jump rope abilities were featured on "The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon" was struck and killed by a car while walking home.
Authorities say Jeremiah Grant was walking from a team fundraiser in Jersey city on Saturday afternoon when he was hit by a Jeep. Grant was a member of the Honey Bees. The champion double-dutch roping group once appeared on Fallon's show.
The boy was rushed to a hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Police say the Jeep's 60-year-old driver drove off until witnesses flagged him down. Witness Jose Pimentel says the driver told him he thought he had hit a backpack.
The driver remained at the scene until police arrived. No charges have been filed.
A fund has been established to help Grant's family with funeral costs and other expenses. You can donate by clicking here.
- Updated Union's James Mitchell commits to Virginia Tech
- New Sullivan County dispatcher honored for successful baby delivery over the phone
- Updated "Wreaths Across America" underway at the Mountain Home National Cemetery
- Students helping fellow students at Science Hill High School
- UPDATE: Brentwood Academy lawsuit dismissed; Judge orders arrest of attorney